Olive Oil Cornbread
1 c corn meal
1/2 c all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbs maple syrup
2 tbs sugar
1 c milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
half of 1/3 c olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk together the milk and vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, sift together the dry ingredients (corn meal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt)
- Add oil and maple syrup to the milk mixture and whisk until foamy.
- Mix together the wet ingredients to the dry and combine well.
- Pour into (greased) small pan. (I used a 5"X5" cake pan.)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly browned on top.
- Let cool, cut in squares, top with butter and enjoy!