Banana Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup ripe bananas, mashed (I used two bananas)
1 3/4 cup flour (I used Softasilk cake flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
3/4 cup peanut butter, smooth
1 cup powdered sugar
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 13"X9" baking pan with non-stick spray; Set aside. (This would also work beautifully in a loaf pan or in muffin tins, though baking times will vary.)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Mix in the mashed bananas and beat until well incorporated and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredient to the wet by hand, mixing until just incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared ban. Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- To prepare frosting, cream together the peanut butter and butter until smooth. Add in a pinch of salt and beat.
- Slowly add powdered sugar until incorporated.
- Smooth over the top of cooled banana cake.