The deep love I had for you has diminished. Gone. You ruined my life for two. whole. days. You made me slather sour cream all over my hands. You made me take a hand bath in vinegar. You made me sleep with my hands dangling over the edge of my bed in bowl of iced water. I won't forgive you. probably.
|My burning hands basking in the temporary glory that is sour cream.|
Note to the wise. Don't cut twenty jalapenos ungloved. Especially don't de-seed twenty jalapenos ungloved. They will come back to haunt you. It will feel like you've stuck your hands in boiling water and it won't go away.
Cheesy BBQ Bacon Jalapenos are a fan favorite. They're a versatile appetizer and will go over equally well at an outside barbecue or a nice evening dinner party.
Bake, brown and serve!
Cheesy BBQ Bacon Jalapenos
20 fresh jalapenos
16 oz. cream cheese (2 packages), room temperature
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 lb. bacon, cut into thirds
BBQ sauce (Stubbs, if you're especially cool)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and cheddar until well blended.
- Add cumin and paprika and stir until incorporated.
- PUT ON GLOVES.
- Slice each jalapeno in half USING YOUR GLOVED HANDS. Carefully remove seeds from each half WITH YOUR HANDS THAT ARE PROTECTED BY GLOVES.
- Scoop mixture and generously fill each jalapeno half.
- Cut bacon into thirds. Wrap each half with a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Slather BBQ sauce over tops of jalapenos.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until bacon is browned.
On the bright side, let's cross out #7. I've learned that gloves will not only protect your freshly manicured fingers, they are a serious necessity in the presence of jalapenos.