Also? It would be advisable to dip these in a big glass of egg nog. That would be a fabulous idea.
Chocolate-Dipped "Pretzel" Cookies
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 large egg
2½ tsp. vanilla extract
2½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
2 cups dark chocolate
sea salt. for garnish
sparkling sugar. for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and confectioners’ sugar on medium-high speed until smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla extract, seeds scraped from the vanilla bean, and lemon zest until blended. Mix in the flour and salt on low speed just until incorporated.
- Form the dough into a ball and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until chilled and firm, at least 1-2 hours.
- When you are ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 375˚ F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough out on a well floured work surface and form tablespoon-sized balls. Roll balls into a cylindrical shape. Trim edges, if desired, to make all pretzel lengths equal.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, rotating the sheets halfway through baking. Allow to cool on the baking sheet 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt chocolate in a double broiler and dip ends of cookies into melted chocolate. Sprinkle with fleur de sel and/or sparkling sugar.