Crème Brûlée for Two
1 cup heavy cream
3 egg yolks
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 280 degrees. Mix the cream, egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla extract together in a medium bowl. Whisk until all the sugar lumps are smooth and the consistency is creamy. Pour mixture carefully in your two ramekins.
- Fill the baking pan with hot water and add the ramekins. (The water should be about halfway up the sides of the ramekins.) Place the pan with the ramekins in the oven for an hour. I started checking mine after 45 minutes to see if they were done, but it ended up taking about an hour and 15 minutes. You will be able to stick a knife in the center and it will come out clean.
- Remove the ramekins from the baking pan, set them on the counter, and let them cool down before putting them in the refrigerator to chill overnight.
- Sprinkle a thin layer of the light brown sugar on the top of each ramekin.
- Preheat your oven to “Broil” and place ramekins in broiling tray filled with cold water and let brown sugar caramelize (about 2-3 minutes). Remove ramekins from pan to cool. Serve and enjoy!