I have some exciting things happening in my life now and even though there have been more than a few moments of sheer terror, overwhelming stress, etc., my playing in the kitchen has definitely not slowed. Even though I didn't document it, I've been making some pretty neat stuff.
On the "top news" front, in only two short months I'll be making the move across the country to my homeland. That's right, yeeehaw Texas, I'm coming back!
Secondly, and almost as important... Tagalong-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies. You heard me. Those cute, pig-tailed, vested, super-persuasive munchkins talked me into buying cookies I can't eat. Who buys cookies when you can make better versions yourself?
But I made them better. As if the Tagalong's peanut butter and chocolate combination could be beat... I sandwiched each cookie inside a pocket of love that is my favorite chocolate chip cookie dough.
Oh, heaven rejoice!
These cookies will make you lots of friends. I'm at already 5 friends richer!
Tagalong Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 box Tagalong
2 1/2 sticks butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (Ghiradelli is the best!)
- Preheat your oven to 350. In a small bowl, whisk together your flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugars. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the mixing bowl and mix until well blended.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out enough cookie dough (using your HANDS!) to cover the Tagalong and mold the dough around the cookies so that all sides are covered.
- Place these monster cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (This is the point where you may add sprinkles-or "speckles" as my 8 year old friends call them.)
- Bake for approximately 11 minutes. Let them rest on the baking sheet for about 2 minutes and then allow to cool on a baking rack.