1 small potato, peeled and grated
1 apple, peeled and grated
1 large egg, beaten
3 tbsp flour (could be easily made gluten-free using garbanzo bean flour)
1 tsp baking powder
sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- To make the cakes, peel and grate the potato and apple. Place the gratings in a bowl, add the salt and let sit for a while to allow moisture to be drawn out. Squeeze as much of the liquid out as you can with your hands. Then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Once dried, place in a mixing bowl and add the egg, flour baking powder and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Using your hand, scoop about 1/4 c of the mixture and press together firmly. Shape into a pancake and place into lined and oiled cookie sheet. Repeat.
- Brush the pancakes with olive oil then bake for 20 minutes. Flip each pancake and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with a dollop of sour cream on top. Enjoy!