Berry Brown Sugar Cake
1/2 cup canola oil
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup fresh berries (I used blackberries and raspberries)
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, reserved for topping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a springform pan; Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together canola oil and sugar until well blended. Whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour and baking powder.
- Fold into egg mixture by hand to form a thick batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Add the berries over top in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the cake and berries.
- Bake 45 min to 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.