Berry Brown Sugar Cake
1/2 cup canola oil
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup fresh berries (I used blackberries and raspberries)
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, reserved for topping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a springform pan; Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together canola oil and sugar until well blended. Whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour and baking powder.
- Fold into egg mixture by hand to form a thick batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Add the berries over top in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the cake and berries.
- Bake 45 min to 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
In the spirit of full disclosure, I would call myself an avacadoholic. My day seems almost empty without one. While they’re typical...
Hi spring weather. You're beautiful. It's nice to finally have you here in New Jersey. Please stick around, why don't ya. Be...
Dear Jalapeno, The deep love I had for you has diminished. Gone. You ruined my life for two. whole. days. You made me slather sour cr...