Buttery and soft, yet slightly chewy. Packed with a colorful array of SPRINKLES.
And those little cookie skirts? Why, those would be flattened-out cupcake liners.
These confetti cookies were a post-birthday treat for my sweet friend, Alanna. I waiting until after her birthday boat party to bake these because... hello... boat party? Bikinis? Yes, no one wants to gorge on cookies pre-lake day.
These cookies can make anyone happy, by the way. No one can eat such a colorful treat like this without giggling. Impossible.
It's true. Things like this make life better.
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cups cake flour (or 1 3/4 all-purpose is fine, too!)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups plus 2 teaspoons sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Mix butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add egg, extract, and vanilla; mix until smooth. Reduce speed to low.
- Gradually mix in flour mixture until just combined.
- Scoop batter using a tablespoon; Form into a ball.
- Roll each ball in sprinkles and press to flatten with your palm.
- Space 2 inches apart on lined baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Let cool on parchment on wire racks.