Please allow me to take this time to formally apologize for the appearance of this festive cookie. While they may look like one big, fat hot mess, I assure you they really are quite delectable.
2 1/2 sticks butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (Ghiradelli is the best!)
1 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
Snickers candy bars, coarsely chopped, as desired
- Preheat your oven to 350. In a small bowl, whisk together your flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugars. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the mixing bowl and mix until well blended.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Scoop out cookie dough and form into a ball.
- Place cookie dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Gently flatten a bit with the palm of your hand.
- Gently press chopped Snickers on the tops of the dough balls.
- Bake for approximately 11 minutes. Let them rest on the baking sheet for about 2 minutes and then allow to cool on a baking rack.