A girl can go far in this world with a good brownie recipe. There’s not much better than a plate of beloved brownies. But what is better, is that these are no ordinary brownies…They’re beer brownies. Totally bonkers, right?
Since Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, I’m pretty sure there’s nothing that could make your man happier than a little beer with his dessert. Yes, they may be disguised in a cutesy heart-shaped, and chocolate-glazed brownie, but this thing is filled with manliness. Yep, total testosterone wrapped in chocolate right there.
And I suppose you could always just cut them in boring squares… I mean, I guess.
- 1 cup stout (such as Guinness)
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped, divided
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9X9″ baking pan (or spray mini-shaped-pans with cooking spray); Set aside.
- Bring stout to a boil in a medium saucepan and cook until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 12 minutes.) Let cool. Reserve 1/4 cup.
- Stir 12 ounces chocolate and 1 cup butter in a medium metal bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water until melted and smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs and vanilla until blended. Gradually add in chocolate mixture, then 1/4 cup reserved stout from the pan.
- Fold in flour and 1 1/4 teaspoon salt. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until surface begins to crack and a tester comes out clean with moist crumbs (approximately 35-40 minutes.)
- Let cool on a wire rack.
- To prepare glaze, stir remaining 4 ounces chocolate in a medium bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water until melted and smooth. Add reserved 1/4 cup reduced stout, remaining 2 tablespoons butter, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; Whisk until smooth.
- Pour warm glaze over brownies. Let stand at room temperature until glaze is set.