There are some staple items you need in life. Topping the charts are 1.) a foxy black dress and 2.) a dazzling chocolate chip cookie recipe. Both must be killer. While I may not be the gal to help you pick a dress, I can direct you toward your new favorite chocolate chip cookies that you'll definitely be making until the day you kick the bucket.
These cookies redefine 'divine.' Slightly crispy edges, perfectly soft center, everything you could want in a beloved chocolate chip cookie, except....hold the phone. They're vegan! They're gluten-free! No joke here, ladies and gentleman. Not only will you not be able to tell that they're missing what most of us are used to in regular cookies, you'll love these more.
Don't say you weren't warned. These cookies are more addicting than Twilight, The Hunger Games & street-grade cocaine, intertwined.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
vegan, gluten-free7 tbsp Earth Balance + 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup packed brown sugar (I used organic)
1/4 cup organic cane sugar (or use white sugar)
1 flax egg: (1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 3 tbsp water)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 cup gluten-free oat flour
1 cup plus 2 tbsp Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper; Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flax egg and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat the Earth Balance and oil until fluffy. Add the sugars and beat for 1-2 minutes until creamy. Beat in the flax egg and vanilla extract.
- Beat in the remaining ingredients and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a 1" cookie scoop, drop dough two inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake for about 10-11 minutes until slightly golden along edges. Allow to cool for 5-10 mins. on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack for another 10 minutes.