While today is a very happy day, it's also one of mourning. Last night, I lost the life of my beloved computer and it's contents. I had a beautiful Valentines post ready to go for this morning, but alas, it was gobbled up and spit out into oblivion. A sad, single (unedited) photo that happened to be saved on my phone thankfully allows me to share something today.
For this Valentines' Day, I used my trusty ole' avocado-chocolate pudding recipe, popped it in a gluten-free "tart" and called it pudding tartlets! It's a total win. Today would also be a great day for pretty chocolate-stout brownies or dainty rasperry linzer cookies.
Please let me apologize in advance for the patchy service whilst I regain my techno-puting-footing.
Chovocado Pudding Tartlets(vegan, gluten-free)
For tart crust
2/3 cup walnuts
4 medjool dates
3 tablespoons shredded coconut
sprinkle of hot water
For Chocolate Pudding
2 ripe avocado
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup raw agave nectar
1/2 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
cacao nibs (optional)
coconut flakes, for garnish
strawberries, sliced for garnish
- To prepare crusts, begin by lining a muffin pan with squares of plastic wrap.
- Combine all crust ingredients in a food processor and pulse until a thick mixture forms into a ball.
- Divide mixture into 6 balls and press into the plastic-wrap lined muffin pan along bottom and sides to create a shell. Refrigerate for half and hour or so.
- To prepare filling, peel and quarter a ripe avocado.
- Put all the ingredients in your food processor and process until smooth.
- Gently remove the crusts by pulling on the plastic wrap and set the crusts on a baking sheet or plate then set aside.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tart shells and refrigerate for an hour or more to let flavors blend. Garnish with shredded coconut and cacao nibs/chocolate chips and enjoy!
Wishing you the happiest love day!