Well, I de. clare.
Is it time we really put a healthy label on a seemingly indulgent rice crispy treat? Yes, I believe it is.
Both gluten-free and dairy-free (and made with natural marshmallows), I've never felt so good about eating an entire tray of them. That's not entirely true, but...ya know. I was mighty close.
I've always been a big fan of getting a little funky-town with the rice crispies as evidenced here and here, but I fell in deep, deep in love with this cookies-n-creme idea back when my homegirl, Julie, made these. She's a genius I tell you.
This particular party went down when Sunday morning rolled around and my mind was on oreos instead of waffles, or pancakes, or normal Sunday-morning-breakfast options. I flew to my kitchen all willy-nilly and whipped up this version.
I think it's about time you found yourself with one of these in your leopard-printed-paws.
And all the fine people in all God's land said, yaay-yus ma'am.
Cookies-n-Creme Rice Crispy Treats
gluten-free, dairy-free7 oz. gluten-free marshmallows (I like Elyon Marshmallows)
4 cups brown rice cereal
3 tablespoons Earth Balance vegan buttery stick
8 oz. gluten-free "oreos", crushed (using this homemade version or I like Kinnitoos Chocolate Sandwich Cremes)
- Grease an 8×8″ pan using vegetable oil; Set aside.
- Melt Earth Balance in a large pot then dd in the bag of marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and fold in the rice cereal and oreos.
- Pour into the prepared pan and press the mixture firmly until it’s evenly spread.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.